University of Jamestown
608 6th St NE, Jamestown, North Dakota 58405
- College Type: 4-year, Private not-for-profit
- Acceptance Rate: 72%
- Total Student Population: 1276
- Student-Faculty Ratio: 11 to 1
- Graduation Rate: 56%
- Website: www.uj.edu
The University of Jamestown is a private, 4-year liberal arts university located in Jamestown, North Dakota, United States. Established in 1883, it was known as Jamestown College and was later changed to the University of Jamestown in 2013.
The university offers over 30 undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in various fields, including Psychology, business, education, Management, communication, nursing, arts and sciences.
It also offers several pre-professional programs, such as pre-medical, pre-law, and pre-dental.
The student-to-faculty ratio of 13:1 enables personalized lessons and makes studies easier for its students.
The school has a total enrollment of around 1,000 students and has a high acceptance and graduation rate.
The University of Jamestown’s mission is to promote the development of its students. Its goal is to help its students in achieving academic excellence. The school is committed to service to the community, and the development of mature, responsible, and spiritually sensitive persons’.
The campus of the University of Jamestown is situated on 110 acres in the city of Jamestown. It features a mix of historic and modern buildings, including the Foss Fine Arts Center, which houses the university’s music and theatre departments, and the newly constructed Harold Newman Arena.
The school’s location in Jamestown offers the students a homely, small-town atmosphere with access to many historical buildings, landmarks, and artifacts.
The university has a strong athletic program, with 20 varsity sports teams competing in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the Great Plains Athletic Conference (GPAC).
The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities.
The University of Jamestown is a great school of study for students who want quality and affordable education.
|Percent of Undergraduate enrollment|
|American Indian or Alaskan Native:||0.7%|
|Black or African American:||3.7%|
|Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander:||0.6%|
|Two or more races:||2.2%|
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
- Doctor’s degree
- Accounting: Financial Planning Concentration
- Behavioral Health
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Business Administration: Accounting Concentration
- Business Administration: Business Communication Concentration
- Business Administration: Financial Planning Concentration
- Business Administration: Information Technology Concentration
- Business Administration: Liberal Arts Concentration
- Business Administration: Management Concentration
- Business Administration: Marketing Concentration
- Business Studies
- Business Studies: Banking
- Business Studies: Industrial Management
- Character in Leadership
- Christian Ministry
- Communication Studies
- Communication: Human Resources & Organizational
- Communication: Human Resources and Organizational
- Communication: Interpersonal Concentration
- Communication: Online Journalism and Social Media Concentration
- Communication: Sports Communication Concentration
- Computer Graphic Design
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Education – Curriculum and Instruction
- Elementary Education
- English Education
- English: Writing Concentration
- Environmental Science
- Exercise Science
- Financial Planning & Wealth Management
- Game Design
- Clinical Counseling
- Clinical Research
- Global Studies
- Graphic Design for E-Commerce
- Health & Fitness Administration
- Health & Physical Education Teacher Education (K-12)
- History Education
- Individually Designed
- Information Technology
- Italian Studies
- Liberal Arts Business Studies
- Management Information Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Music: Fine Arts
- Music Education (K-12)
- Music: Applied Music
- Nursing: Online RN-to-BSN
- Online Journalism and Social Media
- Physical Education (non-teaching)
- Political Science
- Physical Therapy
- Psychology: Addiction Counseling Concentration
- Rhetoric & Reasoning
- Web Design
|Academic year prices for full-time, first-time undergraduate students||2021-22||2020-21||2019-20|
|Tuition & fees||$23,498||$23,498||$22,428|
|Books and supplies||$1,300||$1,300||$1,300|
|Room and board||$8,316||$8,316||$7,886|
|Room and board||$8,316||$8,316||$7,886|
|Off-campus with family|