Institute of Lutheran Theology
910 4th Street, Brookings, South Dakota 57006
- College Type: 4-year, Private not-for-profit
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Total Student Population: N/A
- Student-Faculty Ratio: N/A
- Graduation Rate: N/A
- Website: https://ilt.edu/
The Institute of Lutheran Theology (ILT) is a private, non-profit, confessional Lutheran college located in Brookings, South Dakota.
Founded in 2007, the ILT offers a range of theological programs that are designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills they need to become effective ministers of the Gospel.
The ILT’s mission is to provide high-quality theological education that is firmly grounded in the Lutheran tradition. The faculty members are dedicated scholars and pastors who are committed to teaching and mentoring students to become faithful, effective, and thoughtful leaders in the church and in society.
The ILT offers a Master of Divinity program, which is designed for those who feel called to full-time ministry. This program is a comprehensive and rigorous course of study that includes biblical studies, theology, church history, and pastoral studies. The program also includes a supervised internship that provides students with hands-on experience in a ministry setting.
In addition to the Master of Divinity program, the ILT also offers a Master of Arts in Religion program, which is designed for those who want to deepen their understanding of the Christian faith and theology. This program is flexible and allows students to tailor their studies to their particular interests and goals.
The ILT’s faculty members are experts in their fields and are committed to providing students with a rigorous and challenging education. They are also dedicated to providing students with the support and guidance they need to succeed in their studies and in their ministries.
The ILT’s campus is located in the heart of Brookings, South Dakota, which is a vibrant and growing community providing a welcoming and beautiful environment for its students.
Students also have provided a range of resources and services, including academic advising, career services, and student organizations.
The ILT is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and is a member of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). The ILT is also affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Synod (ELS) and the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS)
The Institute of Lutheran Theology is a highly respected seminary that offers a range of theological programs designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills they need to become effective ministers of the Gospel.
The ILT is an excellent choice for anyone who feels called to full-time ministry or who wants to deepen their understanding of the Christian faith and theology.
- One but less than two years certificate
- Associate’s degree
- Two but less than 4 years certificate
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
- Doctor’s degree-research/scholarship
- Doctor’s degree-professional practice
- Pastoral Ministry Certificate
- Youth and Family Certificate
- Bethel Bible Series
- Faith and Life Certificate
- Associate of Arts in Ministry
- Associate of Arts in Humanities
- Associate of Arts in Entrepreneurial Studies
- Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies
- Associate of Arts in History of Religions
- Associate of Arts in Theology
- Bachelor of Arts in Ministry
- Bachelor of Arts in Humanities
- Bachelor of Arts in Entrepreneurial Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in History of Religions
- Bachelor of Arts in Theology
- Master of Ministry | M.M.
- Master of Ministry in Chaplaincy | M.M.C.
- Master of Military Chaplaincy | M.M.C.
- Master of Divinity | M.Div.
- Master of Arts | M.A.
- Master of Sacred Theology | S.T.M.
- Doctor of Philosophy | Ph.D.
- Doctor of Ministry | D.Min.
|Academic year prices for full-time, first-time undergraduate students||2021-22||2020-21||2019-20|
|Tuition & fees||$9,978||$5,010||$4,890|
|Books and supplies||$275||$250||$250|
|Room and board||$10,532||$10,225||$10,225|
|Off-campus with family|