Mitchell Technical College
1800 E. Spruce Street, Mitchell, South Dakota 57301
- College Type: 2-year, Public
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Total Student Population: 1193
- Student-Faculty Ratio: 13 to 1
- Graduation Rate: 75%
- Website: https://www.mitchelltech.edu/
Mitchell Technical College (MTC) is a 2-year public technical college located in Mitchell, South Dakota.
Founded in 1968, Mitchell Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Mitchell Technical College offers over 30 programs in fields such as agriculture, business, energy production and distribution, health sciences, information technology, manufacturing, and transportation.
The college has a total enrollment of over 1,000 students, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1 ensuring that students receive personalized attention and one-on-one interaction with the faculty.
The faculty at MTC consists of experienced professionals in their respective fields that are committed to providing students with hands-on, practical learning experiences.
MTC is known for its state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, including a 20-acre farm, a wind turbine technician training tower, and a virtual welding lab.
Mitchell Technical College is dedicated to providing its students with hands-on and practical learning and has partnerships with local businesses and organizations to provide students with opportunities for internships and job placement after graduation.
MTC offers a variety of student services, including career counseling, tutoring, and disability services. The college also has an active campus life program, with over 20 clubs and organizations.
One of the unique features of Mitchell Technical College is its emphasis on entrepreneurship and innovation. The college has an Entrepreneurship Center that provides resources and support for students who are interested in starting their businesses. The center also hosts events and workshops on topics such as business planning, marketing, and funding.
MTC is committed to providing affordable education for its students. The college offers a variety of financial aid options, including scholarships, grants, and a work-study program, and also has partnerships with local businesses and organizations that provide tuition assistance and other benefits to MTC students.
Mitchell Technical College is a great choice for individuals looking to gain practical skills and experience in their chosen fields or career path.
|Percent of Undergraduate enrollment|
|American Indian or Alaskan Native:||2.6%|
|Black or African American:||0.3%|
|Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander:||0.2%|
|Two or more races:||2.3%|
- Less than one year certificate
- One but less than two years certificate
- Associate’s degree
- Business Management
- Culinary Academy of South Dakota
- Agricultural Business
- Animal Science
- Diesel Power – Ag Power Technology
- Diesel Power – Light Truck Technology
- Power Sports & Marine Technology
- Precision Ag Technology
- Human Services Technician
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN)
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Office Professional
- Radiation Therapy
- Radiologic Technology
- Registered Nursing (LPN to RN)
- Architectural Design and Building Construction
- Electrical Construction & Maintenance
- Heating & Cooling Technology
- Machining and Manufacturing
- Progressive Welding Technology
- Electrical Utilities & Substation Technology
- Natural Gas Technology
- Power Line Construction & Maintenance
- Utilities Technology
- Wind Turbine Technology
- Automation Engineering Technology
- Automation Controls/SCADA
- Geospatial Technologies
- Information Systems Technology
- Wi-Fi & Broadband Technologies
|Academic year prices for full-time, first-time undergraduate students||2021-22||2020-21||2019-20|
|Tuition & fees||$7,524||$7,359||$6,944|
|Books and supplies||$700||$700||$810|
|Room and board||$6,000||$6,000||$6,000|
|Off-campus with family|