SIT Graduate Institute
1 Kipling Rd, Brattleboro, Vermont 05302-0676
- College Type: 4-year, Private not-for-profit
- Acceptance Rate: NA
- Total Student Population: 473
- Student-Faculty Ratio: 8 to 1
- Graduation Rate: NA
- Website: https://www.sit.edu/
SIT Graduate Institute, also known as the School for International Training, is a private graduate school located in Brattleboro, Vermont. Founded in 1964, SIT is a pioneer in the field of experiential learning and has been offering graduate programs focused on social justice and intercultural communication for over 50 years.
SIT offers a diverse range of graduate programs, including MA and PhD degrees, as well as graduate certificates, in areas such as international education, conflict transformation, sustainable development, intercultural service, and TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
One of SIT’s unique features is its focus on field experience and immersion in other cultures. Students have the opportunity to participate in experiential learning activities such as internships, field research, and service projects in different parts of the world. SIT’s international network of partner institutions and organizations provides a wide range of opportunities for students to engage in meaningful cross-cultural experiences.
SIT’s has a faculty that comprisss of experienced professionals and scholars from a variety of fields that are committed to engaging students in critical inquiry, reflection, and action, and to helping students develop the knowledge, skills, and values needed to work effectively in diverse and complex environments.
SIT’s campus in Brattleboro, Vermont is located on a 200-acre wooded hillside overlooking the town and the Connecticut River. The campus includes modern classrooms and meeting spaces, a library, a dining hall, and a range of housing options for students. The surrounding area offers a wealth of recreational opportunities, including hiking, skiing, and kayaking.
SIT Graduate Institute is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and its programs are approved by various professional organizations such as the Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) and the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR). SIT is also a member of the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA).
SIT Graduate Institute is a unique and innovative graduate school that is an ideal choice for students who want to make a difference in their communities and around the globe.
|Percent of Undergraduate enrollment|
|Black or African American:||6.9%|
|Two or more races:||5.3%|
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master’s degree
- Doctor’s degree – research/scholarship
- Global Education – EdD (Part-Time Hybrid)
- Sustainable Development Practice (Full-Time)
- Climate Change & Global Sustainability (Full-Time)
- Diplomacy & International Relations (Full-Time)
- Global Health (Full-Time)
- Humanitarian Assistance & Crisis Management (Full-Time)
- International Education (Full-Time)
- Social Justice & Advocacy (Full-Time)
- Humanitarian Assistance & Crisis Management (Part-Time Hybrid)
- Intercultural Service, Leadership & Management (Part-Time Hybrid)
- International Education (Part-Time Hybrid)
- Sustainable Development Practice (Part-Time Hybrid)
- TESOL (Part-Time Hybrid)
- International Education
- CONTACT: Conflict Transformation Across Cultures
Trade Schools, Colleges and Universities in Vermont
|Advanced Welding Institute||South Burlington||70|
|Community College of Vermont||Montpelier||5,541|
|Northern Vermont University||Johnson||1,746|
|O’Briens Aveda Institute||Williston||45|
|Saint Michael’s College||Colchester||1,573|
|SIT Graduate Institute||Brattleboro||473|
|Sterling College||Craftsbury Common||126|
|University of Vermont||Burlington||13,826|
|Vermont College of Fine Arts||Montpelier||356|
|Vermont Technical College||Randolph||1,452|