Eastern Wyoming College
3200 West C St, Torrington, Wyoming 82240-1699
- College Type: 2-year, Public
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Total Student Population: 1,367
- Student-Faculty Ratio: 17 to 1
- Graduation Rate: 40%
- Website: https://ewc.wy.edu
Eastern Wyoming College (EWC) is a public community college located in Torrington, Wyoming, United States. The college was founded in 1948 and has over 1,000 students.
EWC offers associate degrees in a variety of fields, including agriculture, business, education, health sciences, humanities, science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), and social sciences. The college also offers certificate programs and non-credit courses and programs for continuing education and workforce development.
Eastern Wyoming College is known for its strong agricultural and veterinary programs, as well as its emphasis on career and technical education.
Eastern Wyoming College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the Wyoming Community College Commission. The college’s goals is to provide accessible and affordable education to students from diverse backgrounds and help them achieve their academic and career goals.
The school’s campus has modern facilities, including a library, science center, fine arts center, and a student center with a cafeteria, gymnasium, and fitness center.
The college offers a range of extracurricular activities, including sports teams, clubs, and organizations, which allow students to get involved and make connections outside of the classroom. EWC also has an active athletics program, with teams competing in men’s and women’s basketball, rodeo, and volleyball.
The student body at Eastern Wyoming College is relatively small, with around 1,500 students enrolled each year. Students come from a variety of backgrounds thus creating a close-knit community where students can get to know each other and their professors.
The student-to-faculty ratio at about 12:1, provides the students with the opportunity to receive personalized attention and support from their instructors.
The school also have several well maintained residence halls available for students who want to live on campus.
Eastern Wyoming College is a great choice of school for students looking to pursue their educational and career goals in a rural setting and receive quality Education at an affordable cost.
|Percent of Undergraduate enrollment|
|American Indian or Alaskan Native:||1.0%|
|Black or African American:||1.0%|
|Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander:||0.1%|
|Two or more races:||2.6%|
- Less than one year certificate
- One but less than two years certificate
- Associate’s degree
- Ag – Agroecology/Agronomy Option
- Ag – Animal Science Option
- Ag – Business Option
- Ag – Business and Sciences
- Ag – Communications Option
- Ag – Equine Science Option
- Ag – Farm & Ranch Management
- Ag – Rangeland Ecology and Watershed Management
- Biology – Wildlife & Fish Biology & Management
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Criminal Justice
- Education – Elementary
- Education – Elementary Distance Learning
- Education – Early Childhood
- Education – Early Childhood Distance Learning
- Education – Secondary
- Education – Secondary – Agriculture Option
- Education – Secondary – Physical Education Option (A.A.)
- Gunsmithing – Douglas Campus Only
- Human Services
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Mathematics – Secondary Education
- Physical Education, Health & Recreation
- Social Science
- Veterinary Technology
- Welding & Joining Technology
|Academic year prices for full-time, first-time undergraduate students||2021-22||2020-21||2019-20|
|Tuition & fees|
|Books and supplies||$1,350||$1,500||$1,500|
|Room and board||$7,308||$6,999||$7,108|
|Room and board||$7,020||$6,786||$6,768|
|Off-campus with family|
Trade Schools, Colleges and Universities in Wyoming
|Central Wyoming College||Riverton||1,770|
|Cheeks Beauty Academy||Cheyenne||43|
|Eastern Wyoming College||Torrington||1,367|
|Laramie County Community College||Cheyenne||3,883|
|Northern Wyoming Community College District||Sheridan||3,921|
|University of Wyoming||Laramie||11,479|
|Western Wyoming Community College||Rock Springs||2,453|